Can't unprotect original administrator user

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Starbuck

Can't unprotect original administrator user

Post by Starbuck »

On a new installation of 2.8.0 over Linux, I added a new user, and gave it admin privs. Then I logged out of the initial administrator user. Back into the new admin user, I set administrator as protected and disabled.

Forgetting that I wanted to change the email and password Too, just in case, I tried to unprotect and/or enable the administrator user. But I'm getting the infamous:

"This account is protected. You are not allowed to access this until the account protection is lifted."

Um, I'm an admin user checking unprotected and trying to lift the protection. Do I need to do this in the database?
Reading another request for help on this topic, I got the impression that we need to unprotect AND do something else. But I've tried to unprotect AND uncheck Enable. That doesn't seem to work.

I know what I'm doing is somewhat unnecessary. I'm thinking it would be better to simply delete that original/default user.
But is this a bug or is there something intentional that I'm missing about unprotecting a user?

Thanks.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Can't unprotect original administrator user

Post by atrol »

It's a bug.
I opened https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=23787 to track it.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual