Measuring Time From Created To Resolved

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

titovetch

Measuring Time From Created To Resolved

Post by titovetch »

Hi,
i had took a look to all solutions and didn't know how to calculate the diff between created date and resolved/closed , i want to have a fields calculating how much time took to resolve this issue.

i used Time tracking option and Time Tracking 2.0.5 plugin and both doesn't cover my requirement , dose anyone did a similar option ?

Date Submitted /Last Update= Duration

Mantis v 2.9
Starbuck

Re: Measuring Time From Created To Resolved

Post by Starbuck »

I could be wrong but I don't think Last Update is a valid metric for assessing the task time. I believe someone can post a note to a closed task or make some other change which would change your result.
It might be best to use a plugin which saves the timestamp when an issue goes to status Closed, and use that.
Even that isn't a 100% solution, more like 98%, because a ticket can be re-opened and re-closed, thus re-saving that data. Now, do you really want to include the gap in time between when it was first Closed and the second time it was Closed? I'd think so, but there's that 2% who might disagree. :)
HTH
titovetch

Re: Measuring Time From Created To Resolved

Post by titovetch »

@Starbuck Thanks for reply , you are right but actually i just want to have a little information at least why this issue took too long and how much time ? maybe main issue regarding the re-opened cases but overall i can trace the rest to know where i have been standing