How can I assign a task to a reporter

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ArminLinder

How can I assign a task to a reporter

Post by ArminLinder »

Hi Mantis pros,

I am a Mantis newbie and face the following problem:

- a User (Role: reporter) reports a problem, which is beyound programming, what he demands is establishing a naming scheme for all the projects the company runs to maintain a conistent look and feel and sort order in the software management.

- from a responsibility view, he is the one (member of Marketing Dept), who is also responsible to work out such a convention. Whatever he comes up with, I'll program it.

- for that purpose I'd like to assign the issue to him, since he's the one to make the next step. I like to do this in a way so he sees the Issue assigned to him whenever he logs into Mantis.

What are my options to accomplish this?

Thanks, Armin.

P.S. I did already have the idea to assign the user "Tester" rights, even "Developer", but this doesn't seem to work, I still cannot select the user's name in the "assigned to" list for the issue, though I am logged in as "administrator". I do currently suspect this a bug in Mantis, seems like the system doesn't properly honour a role change of an existing user. Beeing a newbie, I'll do some more testing to be sure, and eventually file a different issue.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How can I assign a task to a reporter

Post by atrol »

Got page Manage > Manage Configuration > Workflow Thresholds
Enable checkbox in row "Handle an issue" column "reporter"
ArminLinder wrote:I did already have the idea to assign the user "Tester" rights, even "Developer", but this doesn't seem to work
Maybe your project is "private" and you set users global role to "Developer" (used as deafult role for "public" projects) but did not assign the user as "Developer" to the specific project.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual