Email Settings for Company Email not sending emails

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mckintyre

Email Settings for Company Email not sending emails

Post by mckintyre »

First of all, I setup my Mantis for localhost use only but I want to send emails to the accounts I created.
I am using XAMPP on Windows 10. I'm using the latest Mantis2.8

YES, I WAS ABLE TO UNCOMMENT: extension=php_openssl.dll;

My problem is this, I tried testing with the gmail settings and I was able to send emails thru Gmail. So that's about it with GMAIL.

I now want to send emails using our host server which is bluehost.

I followed many configurations but to no avail.

I checked the email_queue.php and all the emails were still there and was not sending.
I tried the testing email button which is pointed to my company email I get this error all the time:

"Testing Mail - PROBLEMS SENDING MAIL TO: xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxx.com. Please check your php/mail server settings."

here is my config_inc.php email configuration
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$g_allow_signup = ON;
$g_enable_email_notification = ON;
$g_phpMailer_method = PHPMAILER_METHOD_SMTP;
$g_smtp_host = 'mail.domain.com';
$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
$g_smtp_port = 465;
$g_smtp_username = 'xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxx.com';
$g_smtp_password = '***************';
$g_administrator_email = 'xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxx.com';
$g_webmaster_email = 'xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxx.com';
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pavelbedi

Re: Email Settings for Company Email not sending emails

Post by pavelbedi »

I have problem too. If I set camosoft@camosoft.cz it not work, but if I set name@camosoft.cz it work. It is strange. PHP mail() work only if I test it, but for notifications not working.
Frans

Post by Frans »

Same here:
$g_enable_email_notification = ON; //enables the email messages
$g_phpMailer_method = PHPMAILER_METHOD_SMTP;
$g_smtp_host = 'smtp.mail.xxxxxxxxx';
$g_smtp_connection_mode = 'tls';
$g_smtp_port = 587;
$g_smtp_username = xxxxx'; //user mail address
$g_smtp_password = 'xxxxx'; //user mail password
$g_administrator_email = xxxxx'; //this is the administrator email address
been trying for hrs now. MantisBT 2.8.0, scheme 209
Frans

Post by Frans »

There has been an updat eon my last post:

My provider is blocking is actively. Reason:
Domain unknown
Sender is forged (different From: header and smtp MAIL FROM: addresses)
SPF verification failed
That is, again, after carefully following the explanations in tuits. Now, i can dive inside code but i was hoping that i could take care of my own code and this was helkping me... ;)
mckintyre

Post by mckintyre »

UPDATE ON MY ISSUE.

----------------------------------------------------THIS IS WHAT THE LOG FILE SAYS--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:527 email_signup() Signup Email = brylle.mckintyre@x-gears.com, Hash = Wsr835ELGl6U4uwTorMWAXz9ol5HiTcZ_8VAxmoeTWuxXDib1DNIp9bnNHZWufn9UzO3beXpz14O4JE1e-Ac, User = @U6
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:581 email_notify_new_account() New account for user bryllemckintyre
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:599 email_notify_new_account() New Account Notify for email = 'mantisxgears@gmail.com'
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:527 email_signup() Signup Email = bry.aldwin@gmail.com, Hash = U5corhiuuxPzwiGWYortlBmzWRDCbr33A0bmsnVAu17SumKJf8g2i5dTaBmanWExYU_i4yrcr7Kef1RFlNEK, User = @U7
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:581 email_notify_new_account() New account for user brylle
2017-11-13 09:37 CET MAIL email_api.php:599 email_notify_new_account() New Account Notify for email = 'mantisxgears@gmail.com'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM ABLE TO GET NOTIFICATIONS FOR:
-mantisxgears@gmail.com
-bry.aldwin@gmail.com

BUT I DON'T GET ANY IN MY:
-brylle.mckintyre@x-gears.com

I HAVE TESTED THE MAIL TEST UNDER /mantis/admin/email_queue.php
and it says: "Your PHP mail settings appear to be correctly set."

BUT I STILL DO NOT GET ANY NOTIFICATIONS ON MY WEBMAIL.
pavelbedi

Post by pavelbedi »

I've solved it!

Code: Select all

$g_return_path_email = 'email@domain.com';
must be same as

$g_smtp_username = 'email@domain.com';
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

pavelbedi wrote:

$g_return_path_email = 'email@domain.com';
must be same as

$g_smtp_username = 'email@domain.com';
Can anyone verify that this is really a requirement?

I set my returnpath to an alias that agrees with the From, not an actual address which gets assigned many aliases.

Is this really a "thing" now, that servers are rejecting mail that's coming from an alias on an authenticated server. This is huge. 8O

Another consequence of this is that if the username is X and the return path is X, then return path is now different from From, which causes the email to get modified with "sent on behalf of...", and that's just ugly. So now if I need to change my From, it will be the actual server login, which isn't as pretty as an alias, and I don't want to expose these to the world anyway. :cry:

So please someone confirm whether @pavelbedi's note is a requirement, a good suggestion, or if maybe he lucked out and that was just A solution and not THE Solution to the problem.

Thanks!