Plug in for Follow up

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Fatima95

Plug in for Follow up

Post by Fatima95 »

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a plugin for Mantis BT version 2.5.1 through which a user can follow up on all the open tickets. By follow up, I mean that for all the tickets that have been in the backlog for a long time, a notification should be sent to a specific user to monitor these tickets, no matter who these tickets are assigned to. A notification on Mantis, and NOT on e-mail.

Awaiting your response.
Thank you!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Plug in for Follow up

Post by atrol »

Fatima95 wrote:a notification should be sent
Fatima95 wrote:A notification on Mantis, and NOT on e-mail.
You want to send a notification, but you don't want to send e-mail.
What do you want to send?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Fatima95

Post by Fatima95 »

Hi,

I don't want to receive the notification via e-mail. I want the notification or some pop up at the front screen of the web. Like, if I log into Mantis and some ticket has been in the backlog for a month, per se, a notification appears regarding that ticket so that I check it further with the developer of my team.

Currently, if a ticket is not assigned to me I can't view it; or even if I want to, I'd have to manually check each ticket. So, I was asking for some plug-in that could solely be used for keeping a real time check on all the open tickets
Last edited by Fatima95 on 24 Oct 2017, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Fatima95 wrote:Currently, if a ticket is not assigned to me I can't view it or even if I want to, I'd have to manually check each ticket.
I would use page "View Issues" for it. Create and store a filter with the conditions for "has been in the backlog for a month".
Fatima95

Post by Fatima95 »

atrol wrote:
Fatima95 wrote:Currently, if a ticket is not assigned to me I can't view it or even if I want to, I'd have to manually check each ticket.
I would use page "View Issues" for it. Create and store a filter with the conditions for "has been in the backlog for a month".
Yes, but that too, is a manual process.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I don't know any plugin that supports exactly what you want.
cas

Post by cas »

The code in principle is easy but first you need to define how to measure backlog.
Then you state that this person should be notified about all tickets regardless of authorizations.
Does that really makes sense?
Give someone admin rights and a specific task to review all issues in the backlog.
You can use the DueDate module to take care highlighting the tickets that are overdue :mrgreen: