How to remove default filter fields

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mantisNoob2

How to remove default filter fields

Post by mantisNoob2 »

I need to remove many of the default filters from the View Issues tab (people are complaining that having too many options makes it confusing).

I have tried commenting out the filter fields in filter_constants_inc.php, but it didn't seem to have any affect. It looks like the filter array is saved to $t_filter and drawn by the method filter_form_draw_inputs called on line 2511 of filter_api.php, but I haven't been able to figure out how to exclude fields from that array.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How to remove default filter fields

Post by atrol »

mantisNoob2 wrote:I need to remove many of the default filters from the View Issues tab (people are complaining that having too many options makes it confusing)
If you remove fields, it will take just some time until your users are asking you something like:
I see this certain field on my screen when viewing issues, why can't I filter based on this field?

Maybe just collapsing the filter section (which still allows full text search) is enough for your complaining users.

The question is: Do you want to remove some fields in general from Mantis?
Maybe you are not aware that some of the fields can be completely removed from all pages, just by setting some configuration options.
I think it does not make sense to remove any field from filter where someone is able to enter values for this field.
mantisNoob2 wrote:I have tried commenting out the filter fields in filter_constants_inc.php
Your are on a complete wrong track, as you removed definitions of constants. I expect you will get errors because of this.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual