Update from 1.2 to 2.5?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

bayardk

Update from 1.2 to 2.5?

Post by bayardk »

Hi,

I'm trying to export data from a running MantisBT 1.2.19 installation to a brand new MantisBT 2.5.1 installation (different networks, servers). I installed the new version and used phpMyAdmin to export/import the bugtracker database from old to new. Both operations succeeded. However, when I log in to the new installation and try to use it, it throws "TypeError" errors where parameter 1 is NULL instead of an array. I reported this in this forum already, but it has disappeared ("The requested topic does not exist."). I've repeated this process multiple times and keep getting the same result. A diff of the old structure dump versus the new structure dump reveals some field length changes, an added "not null" or two, and a new table in the latest version, mantis_api_token_table, even though both installations report a schema version of 183.

I've been through documents, this forum (which doesn't allow searches with numbers like 1.2 or 2.5), and Google; are there any update/conversion instructions that describe how to move data from MantisBT 1.2 to 2.5?

Thank you.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Update from 1.2 to 2.5?

Post by atrol »

Do not install Mantis on the new server, as it will create an empty database with the new database model.
You have to run the upgrade script after having imported the old database https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... ll.upgrade
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual