Moderators: Developer, Contributor

prashanta

MantisBT hangs while deleting an issue

Post by prashanta »

Hi everyone,

Here are my installation details
MantisBT Version: 2.5.1
Schema Version: 209
Db: mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.2.6-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
PHP Version: php-fpm 5.6

I created an issue with the wrong details by mistake, but when I tried to delete the issue, MantisBT kept on freezing. The weird thing is that when I performed a remote debugging session via XDebug and stepped through the code, it worked. But if I enabled debugging, but didn't step through the code, it again froze. This thing is driving me mad -- it's almost as if the bug detects that I'm stepping through the code!

So far, my only guess is that it is a query timing issue, and most probably some query has locked a table that another query needs. It may be a race condition due to the fact that it works at random when not stepping through code, but works everytime I step through the code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to have to explain to my users how to perform a remote debugging session and step through the code just to delete an issue.

Thanks in advance,

Prashanta
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MantisBT hangs while deleting an issue

Post by atrol »

I was not able to reproduce the issue.
Does Mantis always hang when deleting an issue?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
prashanta

Post by prashanta »

Yes. Mantis always hangs when deleting an issue(if I'm not stepping through the code). The only exceptions were the 2 times that it worked like it should. During those 2 times, it worked normally, but they were totally random.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Did you check the webserver / PHP / database logs for errors or warnings?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual