Argument error after updgrade

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Deweydou

Argument error after updgrade

Post by Deweydou »

Hello everyone,

my company was using Mantis 1.2 and they wanted to upgrade. As I didn't know how to upgrade, I installed a fresh 2.2 version (on a windows server) and I transferred manually all table content in the new version using phpmyadmin.

Seemed to work fine (except for the config_table which I had problem so I didn't transfer those data).

After transfer, everything looks fine, but when we try to apply a filter in the view issue tab, I get the following error:

'Argument 1 passed to filter_ensure_valid_filter() must be of the type array, null given, called in C:\inetpub\Mantisv2\core\filter_api.php on line 942 and defined' in 'C:\inetpub\Mantisv2\core\filter_api.php' line 549
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

I really don't know what to do and I hope I can find some help in here. We switched back to version 1.2 but we really need an upgrade as well.

Thanks a lot for your help.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Argument error after updgrade

Post by atrol »

You should follow the upgrade instructions in our Admin Guide
http://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en- ... ll.upgrade
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Deweydou

Post by Deweydou »

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly.

For some reason I never found this guide during my research.

Thanks for the help !
Deweydou

Post by Deweydou »

Hello everyone,

We found two new issues after the upgrade (from 1.2 to 2.2). The first one is that we can't upload files anymore (application error #504).
I check configuration files of PHP and MySQL but no problem with those as we could upload on old version. I also check the configuration file of Mantis which you can see below:

Code: Select all

# --- Attachments / File Uploads ---
$g_allow_file_upload	= ON;
$g_file_upload_method	= DATABASE; # or DISK
# $g_absolute_path_default_upload_folder = ''; # used with DISK, must contain trailing \ or /.
$g_max_file_size		= 10000000;	# in bytes
$g_preview_attachments_inline_max_size = 256 * 1024;
# $g_allowed_files		= '';		# extensions comma separated, e.g. 'php,html,java,exe,pl'
# $g_disallowed_files		= '';		# extensions comma separated
The second issue is more disturbing, it's an application error #401 :

Thanks for the help.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

As a first step run admin/check/index.php and check if you get any errors or warnings.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Deweydou

Post by Deweydou »

Hello,

please find errors and warning below:

Last edited by Deweydou on 14 Mar 2017, 04:12, edited 1 time in total.
Deweydou

Post by Deweydou »

Hello,

I figured out the problem on uploading file. It was actually a PHP problem, I checked the log file and see this:

File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0
I added rights to the temporary folder and it worked fine. It is really weird because before the upgrade it worked fine with the same temporary folder.

Now it remains only this problem when we edit a bug and update multiple text boxes in the same time :

Deweydou

Post by Deweydou »

Deweydou wrote:Hello,

I figured out the problem on uploading file. It was actually a PHP problem, I checked the log file and see this:

File upload error - unable to create a temporary file in Unknown on line 0
I added rights to the temporary folder and it worked fine. It is really weird because before the upgrade it worked fine with the same temporary folder.

Now it remains only this problem when we edit a bug and update multiple text boxes in the same time :

Hello,

anyone encountered this error before ? I really don;t know how to solve it.

Thanks.