Customization of Existing Content

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Turtlebutter

Customization of Existing Content

Post by Turtlebutter »

Hello,

I am looking for something like Mantis to track errors in my laboratory. I need to be able to record errors, track them, and assign them to different departments for followup. I also need to be able to keep these records on file for 5 years.

I'm looking at Mantis because it is free (and we have no budget :( ) and it seems to fit MOST of what I need.

Anyway, long story short:

Can I customize the base content? IE instead of having "Reproducibility" with its dropdown menu choices, I could have say "Type of Error" and associated choice?

I know there are custom fields that I can define, but I'd like to be able to control all fields that appear on the bug reporting window, removing ones that aren't relevant and replacing them with ones that are. Knowing my comrades if I leave extra fields in there they will get confused.
cas

Re: Customization of Existing Content

Post by cas »

Most of what you want can be done out of the box.
So best suggestion is to download the package, review the manuals and get going :D
Turtlebutter

Post by Turtlebutter »

I have installed it on my personal web space so I can play with it and see if I can customize it enough before submitting to my IS department for installation on the lab's network.

I have looked at the settings and documentation that is available and I see that I can add custom fields, but I do not see a way to remove or rename the stock fields that are present on install.
cas

Post by cas »

That definately is possible. Find the section about custom_strings_inc.php
There is also plenty of info available here on the forum