[solved] Email queue is flushed only on reset password

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ttrivedi

[solved] Email queue is flushed only on reset password

Post by ttrivedi »

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me on this. I have a Demo setup with version 2.1.0 with MySQL database and lubuntu 14.04 as the OS. Since I am just doing a test run, all my Mantis users have been created on this machine and configured to use local mail server (default server which gets installed). There is one-to-one mapping for each mantis user and OS user.

At the OS level, I can send and receive mails between the users.

After having configured 'config/config_inc.php' , appropriate mails from mantis are generated and stored in database. I am using default (PHPMAILER_METHOD_MAIL) setting. I have the log enabled and it shows appropriate event based entries for mails being generated.

However, the mails stay in the mantis queue as is (I check this by monitoring the database table - mantis_email_table ). The only way I can flush that queue is by logging in as administrator and forcing a user password change event.

The moment I do that, all the mails in mantis queue as well as the password reset mail are sent out. (i.e. the email table in mantis db holding the mail are deleted and I can read them using standard mail client for each of the user on the system).

The question is - is there a setting which flushes the mantis mail queue ? I am assuming that Reset Password does that on immediate basis but other event mails follow some other rule.

Any environment / configurations detail that might help with this issue can be posted as required. I have changed the standard config to add custom access_level and custom status / workflow. I dont think that has any connection with this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by ttrivedi on 06 Feb 2017, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
ttrivedi

Re: Email queue is flushed only when I try reset password

Post by ttrivedi »

I managed to figure this one out. Turned out that I had copied email configuration and had turned ON the email_crobjob setting which was holding immediate delivery.

I have turned that OFF in the config_inc.php file and emails are now fired on event. They are however not immediate but that I guess is due to the OS mail cron rather than a Mantis config issue.

I am currently not sure how to close this issue so I am going to change original subject with [SOLVED] tag.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: [solved] Email queue is flushed only on reset password

Post by atrol »

Thanks for providing te solution.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual