mantis Category setup

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MrDini

mantis Category setup

Post by MrDini »

Hi!

I am a newbie here, and at the phpBB's beautiful world too... So please be kind of, and ignore my noobness! :)

Firstly, I just installed the latest mantis BT onto my domain, and created the users, projects etc... For a repository where You Can find some addons. Each addon have one, or two developers. And I want to add the developers as developer permissions to they projects. That's okay. But I am not sure, what Can I do with the categories tab... I Can see, there is a General category, by default, but what it does? :?

I created the projects now, without Categories, but in that case, We Cannot create a new ticket, because the Category field must be choosen...

What Can I do?

Thanks a lot! :)
atrol
Site Admin

Re: mantis Category setup

Post by atrol »

You can create global categories on page Manage > Manage Projects (bottom of the page) and use them in projects by enabling the check box "Inherit Global Categories" on the page where you can edit project properties (Manage > Manage Projects, click the link on the project name).
You can create project specific categories on the same page.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
MrDini

Post by MrDini »

Thanks for the quick reply!

That's okay, but I Cannot understand, what does the categories do? What Can I do with theese?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

You can filter/search by categories.
You can assign a user to a category who will be automatically assigned to a new issue.
MrDini

Post by MrDini »

atrol wrote:You can assign a user to a category who will be automatically assigned to a new issue.
Oh, well that's what I am looking for. Can I add two devs here? I Can't see any option for that...
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

MrDini wrote:
atrol wrote:Can I add two devs here?
No, there is no place in MantisBT where you can add more than one user to an issue.
MrDini

Post by MrDini »

Okay! Thanks for Your support! :)