Customize Project dropdownlist

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

pierre-olivier

Customize Project dropdownlist

Post by pierre-olivier »

Hi,

We've been using Mantis for a long time. We've just signed a contract with a new customer and they are asking us to give support on all their software project. Mantis was again our choice but i've received an Excel speadsheet with the list of projects that they have and there is around 600 projects. I'm already seeing potential issue for end user trying to find their project in a long list.

So i was thinking to change the current project list into a Combobox style one allowing filtering. Now i'm not too sure what is the best way to achieve this.
Does creating a pluging module will allow us to redefine the current project list ? If so, how does it works ? What i mean is currently from what i understand the list is created in the html_login_info() function. Do i need to redefine this function into my plugins ?

Thanks,
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Customize Project dropdownlist

Post by atrol »

There are two options

1) tweak the code of function html_login_info
2) Write a plugin that hides the original project selector using JavaScript and displays your own selector

1) is easier to implement
2) is a bit more clean and easier to maintain when upgrading Mantis

600 projects? 8O
I would setup a test installation to find out if there are some more (performance, memory) issues when using MantisBT with such a number of projects.

I assume you will setup a fresh install of 1.3.x.
If not, ensure that you have at least installed 1.2.16 http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=9876
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
pierre-olivier

Post by pierre-olivier »

Thanks. I've tweak the code and it's working perfectly.
I've imported the 600 projects and overall we didn't notice performance issues. So far so good !

Thanks,
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

pierre-olivier wrote:I've tweak the code and it's working perfectly.
It would be fine if you would publish the tweaked code, as it might help also other users.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual