The usual trouble: installing

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Rocky

The usual trouble: installing

Post by Rocky »

I have searched the web and this forum for answers, trying to install Mantis 1.2.19 but I cannot get past this
Attempting to connect to database as admin BAD Does administrative user have access to the database? ( Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) )
What does that mean? That my server admin username "root" and admin password will not connect to the database it is trying to create? :?

Here's what I understand,

Installation Options
Type of Database MySQL right, no problem
Hostname (for Database Server) localhost standard hostname
Username (for Database) mantis this is the username for this new bug db
Password (for Database) •••••• this is the passwprd for this new bug db

Database name (for Database) bugtracker good enough, it means it will create a new db named bugtracker
Admin Username (to create Database if required) root ______Admin username, as in the username when I log into cPanel, or shell into the server? That is "root"
Admin Password (to create Database if required) ************ ____this is the admin password that goes with the admin username, right?

I can log into cPanel, with my server username and pw, go to phpMyAdmin, and there is no new db named bugtracker, so I guess that means the install has not set up the db.

Help, I really cannot understand why this is so difficult.
Attachments
Sprite 7.jpg
Sprite 7.jpg (50.26 KiB) Viewed 4628 times
Rocky

Re: The usual trouble: installing

Post by Rocky »

Ok, I finally got it to work, I had to create the db manually in Panel and create a new user who had access to the db, then I got the Mantis install to work. Hope that helps future users.
fnand0

Re: The usual trouble: installing

Post by fnand0 »

Rocky wrote:Ok, I finally got it to work, I had to create the db manually in Panel and create a new user who had access to the db, then I got the Mantis install to work. Hope that helps future users.

REALLY, REALLY, Thank you!!! That worked. But why isn't it clear in documentation? That would help a lot of users.