Documentation about "Configuration Report" page

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Chewits

Documentation about "Configuration Report" page

Post by Chewits »

Hello,

I'm wondering is there any documentation reference where [ Configuration Report ] page is described? It looks like a great place where I can override all (or almost all) configuration options on per project/user basis. But where can I read more about this feature?

Which options take precedence (considering that I can override the same option for different users, projects and have is defined globally in config_inc.php)?
Which options are allowed there / which are not?
Does MantisBT API always consider the fact that configuration options can be overridden per project/user. I have not found the documentation, thus I'm not sure that every developer know about how these settings should work (not to mention plugins developers).

Could you give me some links or tips?

Alexander
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Documentation about "Configuration Report" page

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Chewits

Post by Chewits »

Thank you, it helped a bit :)
Maybe to add some words to the documentation, e.g. at the beginning of https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... min.config
E.g. declaring that the configuration system in MantisBT is fine-grained, i.e. configurable per-user/project and adding a reference to that forum topic would be better than nothing..
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Chewits wrote: Maybe to add some words to the documentation
Submitting a patch is always a good idea, as it increases the chances of improvement eventually making it into MantisBT core. All contributions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Patch submissions can be made in several ways. In the order of preference:

1. Send us a Pull Request on our Github repository https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt
2. Attach a GIT patch to the issue
3. Attach a Unified Diff, clearly specifying the patch's base release
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual