Email and Private Projects

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sirbanks

Email and Private Projects

Post by sirbanks »

I'm having a strange problem that I cannot get to the bottom of and have researched the forums unsuccessfully. I have a few PRIVATE projects created and users assigned, assuming that only the assigned users would receive emails for issues submitted to the private project. However, I'm discovering that this is not the case. Oddly enough, users are receiving emails from other private projects to which they are NOT assigned, but not the ones for which they are? For example:

Private Project A has users A and B.
Private Project Z has users Y and Z.
Users A and B receive project Z emails.
Users Y and Z receive project A emails.

All users say they sometimes receive an email from the private group to which they are assigned, but rarely. I have beaten this issue to death with the email notifications, config_defaults_inc.php page and such but cannot figure it out. As a side note, all private projects are subprojects of PUBLIC projects: is this causing some of my problem?

Current MANTIS version is 1.2.17. Thanks in advance.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Email and Private Projects

Post by atrol »

Not sure, maybe this fixes your issue https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=9885
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
sirbanks

Re: Email and Private Projects

Post by sirbanks »

Sorry to raise this again, but I am still having problems where users that are not members of private projects are receiving email notifications from issues submitted to the private groups. I've read everything I can find on this in the forums, but have not found the answer to my problem. I am thinking that perhaps I have created the issue by using sub-projects. If a sub-project is private, but the parent project is public, does this override or interfere with the email notification process? Should I make all private projects a parent project instead? Any help is appreciated!

Sorry forgot to post that I am on version 1.3.0 schema 209.