Unable to see latin chars on Mantis 1.2.19 with SQL Server

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

clevertiQA

Unable to see latin chars on Mantis 1.2.19 with SQL Server

Post by clevertiQA »

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to do a migration of Mantis 1.0.6 with MySQL running in Apache to Mantis 1.2.19 with SQL Server 2012 running in IIS 8 (Windows Server 2012). This hasn't been a straight forward process and until now I've been struggling with several issues.

My approach was to upgrade Mantis 1.0.6 to 1.2.19 using the MySQL database and then migrate the DB to SQL Server 2012. 1st I started by upgrading Mantis running installation process.
After this I used the tool SSMA to migrate the database now on version 1.2.19 from MySQL to SQL Server 2012. despite some warnings, this process also ran very smoothly.

After the upgrade and the migration, it was time to configure Mantis. For this, I had to change the connection string in the config_inc.php to be able to connect to the SQL Server database. I used the following

Code: Select all

$g_hostname = 'Driver={SQL Server Native Client 11.0};SERVER=localhost;DATABASE=bugtracker1219;UID=mantis;PWD=mantis;';
$g_db_type = 'odbc_mssql';
In order to use this driver, I had to install Microsoft ODBC 11 for SQL Server.

Mantis is using Portuguese language (strings_portuguese_standard.txt) and every thing is visible and is ok, as is visible in this screenshot
The problem occurs to data fetched from the database, where special portuguese characters (like: 'ç', 'ã') are replaced by other characters
or entire words are not shown at all

The server is running Windows Server 2012 + IIS 8.5 + PHP 5.6 + SQL Server 2012.

Does anybody has a clue about what may be causing this?

Br,
Luis
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Unable to see latin chars on Mantis 1.2.19 with SQL Serv

Post by atrol »

I can't recommend to use Mantis 1.2.x with SQL Server as there are some known issues with it.
Furthermore you shouldn't expect that using SSMA does create exactly the same database schema that an installation of Mantis would create.
I am quite sure this introduces even more issues.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
clevertiQA

Post by clevertiQA »

Do you recommend any method/tool to migrate the DB to SQL Server?
clevertiQA

Post by clevertiQA »

Ok I just created the tables and import the data "by hand" and I get the same behavior.

I created the tables in SQL Server by exporting the tables schema from MySQL and then correct the data types of some of the fields.
Afterwards I inserted all the data by exporting the data from MySQL and tweaking the script in order to run it in SQ Server.

Am I missing something? Can someone help me?

Tks