Blank Page after Submitting a New Issue

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ramirezp6856

Blank Page after Submitting a New Issue

Post by ramirezp6856 »

Hello,

Every time I submit a new issue in Mantis, the browser refreshes to a blank screen. It is then necessary to either page back two times (to get before the report that was submitted) or re-click the link to open Mantis.

Currently, I have Mantis installed on XAMPP which is hosted on a WINDOWS 2012 AWS server.

Separately, installed is IIS. However, Mantis is not installed on IIS so would this still have an effect on Mantis?

I added:
$g_use_iis = ON;

Do I have to restart any services to have this change take into effect?

Thanks!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Blank Page after Submitting a New Issue

Post by atrol »

ramirezp6856 wrote: Every time I submit a new issue in Mantis, the browser refreshes to a blank screen.
Check your web server log for errors and warnings
ramirezp6856 wrote: Separately, installed is IIS. However, Mantis is not installed on IIS so would this still have an effect on Mantis?
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your configuration of Apache and IIS. Of course, there shouldn't be two web servers listening for the same port (e.g. 80 for http)
ramirezp6856 wrote: I added:
$g_use_iis = ON;
remove it. This is only needed if you are running MantisBT using old versions of IIS
ramirezp6856 wrote: Do I have to restart any services to have this change take into effect?
No
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
ramirezp6856

Post by ramirezp6856 »

Atrol,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

XAMPP and IIS are on two different ports.

I checked XAMPP/apache/logs/error.log and MySQL's processlist, however I did not see anything relative to Mantis.

Also, I'd like to mention that this issue was reported to me and I cannot recreate this issue.

It may have been an issue relative to resources. I am waiting on a reply from the user who is experiencing the issue.

If the issue persists, then do you know of any other specific areas or errors that I should be checking?

Again thanks!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

ramirezp6856 wrote:If the issue persists, then do you know of any other specific areas or errors that I should be checking?
!
Check database table mantis_email_table. There should be no row in it if there is no user activity.
If there are lot's of entries, there is a problem sending e-mails.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
ramirezp6856

Post by ramirezp6856 »

Atrol,

I checked the mantis_email_table via select * from mantis_email_table and the table was empty.

I'll keep this ticket updated until I find a solution or explanation.

Thanks!