Password issues.

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

martinshort

Password issues.

Post by martinshort »

Hi

I am really struggling with setting up the password emailing facility on Mantis. I've inherited this install so please go easy on me!

1. It's a remotely hosted install by Mantis for which I'm told that we pay a nominal fee.

2. Select Manage>ManageUsers>[USERNAME]>[Reset Password] displays a message that an email has been sent to the user's email address.

3. The email has not been received and is not in any spam folders.

4. Having looked at lots of posts on-line and indeed on this forum, I found that there are a series of configuration values which can be added which should in theory make the thing work. I have included the settings I have used as an attachment. (I note that a lot of the examples on line seemed to prefix each configuration option with "$g_", but this was not accepted when entering via the UI. I assume therefore that the database in the cloud adds the prefixes automatically.)

5. I am unable to reset a password on behalf of a user.
New Picture (1).png
New Picture (1).png (69.36 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
Could someone advise what I'm missing here?

Many thanks in advance
Martin
martinshort

Re: Password issues.

Post by martinshort »

Problem solved. Took most of yesterday, but I got there.

1. The configuration prefixes ("$g_")were not required.

2. There was a problem with the email address for Gmail. The "smtp_username" configuration shouldn't have included "@gmail.com" as a suffix.

3. When I got this working, Gmail blocked using the account from a supposedly insecure application. I resolved this by navigating to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps whilst logged into my email account.

(Interestingly Gmail views Outlook as having the same issue. All new Gmail accounts block this by default and have done for a few months now)

I hope this post will help anyone in a similar situation

Martin
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Password issues.

Post by atrol »

Thanks for providing the solution.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual