Enumeration issue

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

arkandel

Enumeration issue

Post by arkandel »

Hey folks,

I was wondering if you had any thoughts about this issue: We want to add one more status at a specific 'place' between two statuses, but we ran out of enumeration for it.

The enumeration looks like this:

$s_status_enum_string = "10:new,20:feedback,40:confirmed,50:assigned,52:in progress,53:code review pending,54:merge pending, 56:merged, 58:resolved, 60:testing, 70:tested, 90:closed, 91:updating test documentation";

And I want to add a new status between 52 and 53 so that, on the pull-down menu for status, they appear in the desired order.

I tried different things - including changing the .php file definitions then updating the MySQL table's status field in mantis_bug_table, but it messes up all the views and filters.

Any ideas?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Enumeration issue

Post by atrol »

You have to change also $g_status_enum_string
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
arkandel

Post by arkandel »

atrol wrote:You have to change also $g_status_enum_string
Yep! I did. They are:

Code: Select all

config_inc.php:$g_status_enum_string = "100:new,200:feedback,500:assigned,520:in progress,525:feature review pending,530:code review pending,540:merge pending,560:merged,580:resolved,600:testing,700:tested,900:closed,910:updating test documentation";
custom_strings_inc.php:$s_status_enum_string = "100:new,200:feedback,400:confirmed,500:assigned,520:in progress,525:feature review pending,530:code review pending,540:merge pending,560:merged,580:resolved,600:testing,700:tested,900:closed,910:updating test documentation
Then I went to MySQL and basically did a:

UPDATE mantisclone.mantis_bug_table SET status=100 WHERE status=10;
Yet when I look at Mantis afterwards My View is all screwed up, I have tickets which aren't mine, etc.

Any ideas why that happens? Maybe I'm missing a table I should update or some such.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Check pages "Workflow Thresholds" and "Workflow Transitions"
I am quite sure that this looks also a bit strange.
You could config all settings the right way, after that it might work. (not sure if all can be done in UI the right way)
Maybe adjusting the following variables in config_inc.php as a first step will make the configuration easier.

$g_bug_submit_status = NEW_;
	/**
	 * Status to assign to the bug when assigned.
	 * @global int $g_bug_assigned_status
	 */
	$g_bug_assigned_status = ASSIGNED;
	/**
	 * Status to assign to the bug when reopened.
	 * @global int $g_bug_reopen_status
	 */
	$g_bug_reopen_status = FEEDBACK;

/**
	 * Status to assign to the bug when feedback is required from the issue reporter.
	 * Once the reporter adds a note the status moves back from feedback to $g_bug_assigned_status
	 * or $g_bug_submit_status.
	 * @global int $g_bug_feedback_status
	 */
	$g_bug_feedback_status = FEEDBACK;
	/**
	 * Bug is closed.  In some custom installations a bug may be considered as closed when
	 * it is moved to a custom (COMPLETED or IMPLEMENTED) status.
	 * @global int $g_bug_closed_status_threshold
	 */
	$g_bug_closed_status_threshold = CLOSED;
Of course, it could be much easier if you don't change at least the values for new, feedback, asssigned, resolved and closed.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual