Problem with importing issues

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

_Francois_

Problem with importing issues

Post by _Francois_ »

Hello everybody :D
I'm a newbie (like zombie ;) ) to mantis and have a little problem.
I tried to import an issue, but I only get a "Processing cross-references for 0 issues... Done".

I'm using the bitnami mantis package 1.2.19-1 for windows...
What am I doing ? I have reported an issue, have exported it as excel xml file. That works fine.
Then I modified the file: just the status, then status and id.
Then comes the disappointment: I choose Manage->Import issues, chooses the file and click on "upload file".
Going back to the "view issues" page, I can't see any import (well the importer said there were 0 issues)
What am I doing wrong ? Or what should I do instead ?

Thank you for reading my message.
And thank you much more for any hint (or any sign of compassion ;) )
Anyway, have a good day!
Cheers, _Francois_
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Problem with importing issues

Post by atrol »

Manage > Import issues can be used to import issues that are created using page "Views Issues" link "XML Export".
It can't be used to import Excel XML files.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
vikhil

Post by vikhil »

Hello Everyone,

I am using 1.2.14 and trying to import issues in Mantis using CSV but getting some issues. Please advise.

Below is the message that I received when trying to import from Excel.

SYSTEM WARNING: 'XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: /tmp/phpIFbBZA:1: parser error : Document is empty' in '/home/qamantis/public_html/plugins/XmlImportExport/ImportXml.php' line 77

SYSTEM WARNING: 'XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: Id,Project,Reporter,Owner,Assigned To,Priority,Severity,Reproducibility,Product ' in '/home/qamantis/public_html/plugins/XmlImportExport/ImportXml.php' line 77

SYSTEM WARNING: 'XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: ^' in '/home/qamantis/public_html/plugins/XmlImportExport/ImportXml.php' line 77

SYSTEM WARNING: 'XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: An Error Occured while reading' in '/home/qamantis/public_html/plugins/XmlImportExport/ImportXml.php' line 77

Importing file, please wait...
SYSTEM WARNING: 'XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: An Error Occured while reading' in '/home/qamantis/public_html/plugins/XmlImportExport/ImportXml.php' line 88

Done
Processing cross-references for 0 issues... Done

Thanks!
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Your are using a plugin that serves to export/import XML.
As you want to import CSV you should use https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/csv-import
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
aljazg

Post by aljazg »

Hi,

I tried to migrate issues from one mantis installation to another installation of mantis.

I've used XmlImportExport plugin, but it exports XML file, which doesn't contain all issues. It contains notes for issues, which are in XML file, but there aren't all issues. I tried a lot of plugins, which I dowlnoaded it from page: https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php? ... 3#bugnotes

Is there any plugin which can help me exporting issues from my project, with included notes?

Importing database is not suitable for me, because I have access only with mantis interface on Mantis, on which I want import issues.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Aljaz
aljazg

Post by aljazg »

I found that is the problem when I export issue with attachment, an XML file is not created correcly. So I commented lines from 214 to 240 in file XmlImportExport/pages/export.php on distribution which I found on https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/bl ... export.php

It didn't exports attachments, but exporting issues with notes works correctly. In mantis installation on which you import issues you must have this distribution of XmlImportExport plugin too.