Mantis emailing to all users

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

newmantisuser

Re: Mantis emailing to all users

Post by newmantisuser »

What would be the configuration to setup for the following

I would only want the user who gets assigned to receive an email, and also receive an email when an issue is closed.

I think this is a better configuration to start with for now. As I suspected, I was not understanding the 'access levels' section on the email-configuration options.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (44.13 KiB) Viewed 5099 times
favioagg

Post by favioagg »

Wow! no, that config will not get ANY users get MAIL on ANY event.

Look at it this way, the events are on the rows, the status of the user are on the columns, and the access level is the Prerogative of permisions for the user on that project.

For example, if you want the creator of the issue (status) to recieve an email of ISSUE CREATION (event) and on ISSUE CLOSE you have to check Col1,Row6 and Col1,Row12, also check the user level required for this condition to apply, the prerogative.
newmantisuser

Post by newmantisuser »

Here is my current configuration and it seems to be working. All my users besides 2 are developers. When a user logs in and creates an issue,the email gets sent to the right person. When the issue is closed, an eamil gets sent to the person who originally created the ticket.

Do you have the default configuration for the email -configuration page by any chance? I'm curious as to see what the standard setup is 'out of the box'

cheers
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (40.56 KiB) Viewed 5069 times
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

favioagg wrote:Wow! no, that config will not get ANY users get MAIL on ANY event.
This is not true.
Read what I wrote at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23261#p57788 , this might help to understand the concept behind it.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

newmantisuser wrote:I'm curious as to see what the standard setup is 'out of the box'
All non standard settings are marked with a blue background.
Have a look at the top of your own screen shot:
"In the table below, the following color code applies:
All Project settings override default configuration."
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
newmantisuser

Post by newmantisuser »

Atrol is right, the configuration I posted earlier actually works.

I understand now that anything in blue is a non default / standard configuration option. I have made a slight change to the email configurations page as seen below.

I want to thank everyone for helping me with this issue. It was my mistake and my misconfiguration that made it SEEM like mantis was sending emails to all users but it was my own fault lol.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (43.94 KiB) Viewed 5058 times