MS SQL Install Issues

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MattMiddleton

MS SQL Install Issues

Post by MattMiddleton »

I've run in to a snag installing Mantis on my VM, and I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction. The VM is configured as follows:

Windows 2008 R2
MS SQL Server 2008
IIS
Mantis 1.2.19

I've installed PHP, and configured IIS to use it (I think). When I run the install/upgrade database, I get the following error in the "Attempting to connect to database as admin":

Code: Select all

BAD
Does administrative user have access to the database? ( SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. SQLState: HYT00 Error Code: 0 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Login timeout expired SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online. SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF]. SQLState: HYT00 Error Code: 0 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Login timeout expired SQLState: 08001 Error Code: -1 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online. )
I've configured the install options as follows:

Type of DB - MS SQL Server Native Driver
Hostname - localhost
Username - mantisuser
DB Name - mantis

Since I had already created the database, I tried leaving the admin username & password blank, but that didn't help.
akimeu007

Re: MS SQL Install Issues

Post by akimeu007 »

Can you connect via Management Studio to that database using those credentials and (localhost)?