Multiple emails from cron

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

GB_TS

Multiple emails from cron

Post by GB_TS »

Hi

I'm using two plugins, one of which is familiar on the plugins repository, 'Reminder'.

Since upgrade to v1.2.19 (from v1.2.15), emails sent using the script bug_feedback_mail.php via cron have been sent multiple times (could be three, four or five) to each recipient. I changed the code in the plugin to send direct "email_send", but still get two or three. If I send them from the command line (before and after I change the code) I get just the single email per user as expected.

Our config hasn't changed, but I have tried explicitly setting "$g_email_send_using_cronjob = OFF;", as I believe this is the correct setting so as not to build them up and send periodically using scripts/send_emails.php (indeed the plugin states if this is off it is going to send_all on each email created).

I'm a bit confused as to why this is doing what it is doing (the emails do land as soon as the cron job is triggered), and would appreciate anyone being able to shed any light on it.

KInd regards
GB_TS

Cron job:
0 12,16 * * * cd /var/www/html/mantis; /usr/bin/php plugins/Reminder/scripts/bug_feedback_mail.php

config_inc.php:
$g_mail_debug = ON;
$g_phpMailer_method = PHPMAILER_METHOD_SENDMAIL;
$g_email_send_using_cronjob = OFF;
GB_TS

Re: Multiple emails from cron

Post by GB_TS »

Hi

Just want to give this one more opportunity to see if anybody could suggest something to try here - I continue to be unable to stop the multiple emails when sent via cron job.

Many thanks
GB_TS