Create a new unused status

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

P337

Create a new unused status

Post by P337 »

Hello everyone

I am very competent in creating custom status's in mantis, I do a fair amount of PHP, but I cant seem to find a solution to this one.

We have a number of forms (5-6) that all have their own enum_status_string,
meaning that they all have a custom list of statuses regarding their workflows.

However, when you are in "All Forms" view, you cannot read any of the statuses beacuse the custom fields dont appear in the "Status_enum_string" of All Forms,
meaning that statuses appear as @@20@@.

One solution would be to update the status_enum_string of "All Forms"
but this would mean that when browsing "All Forms" you would be able to assign a ticket any custom status from any of the forms (am I correct?)
meaning you could assign a status "Awaiting mechanic" to a Accounts Payable form. which then, upon veiwing would display @@code@@ when not looking at all forms again.

Is there a way I can assign status numbers / names globally, but not assign them to any project?

we are unfrotunatly grandfathered into Mantis version 1.2.3 due to some active directory functionality another colleague created without appropriate documentation.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Create a new unused status

Post by atrol »

P337 wrote: we are unfrotunatly grandfathered into Mantis version 1.2.3 due to some active directory functionality another colleague created without appropriate documentation.
You could download 1.2.3 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mantisb ... ble/1.2.3/ , compare with your version, update to 1.2.19 and reapply the undocumented changes.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual