Mantis notifications per category

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

arkandel

Mantis notifications per category

Post by arkandel »

Hello,

I was wondering if I could do the following with MantisBT:

I wanted to send e-mail notifications only to specific users based on ticket's category. So if for instance there is a change in status for a ticket flagged as category <X>, only a specific user (instead of every manager) would receive a notification.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Mantis notifications per category

Post by atrol »

There is no configuration option for it.
You would have to change source code to get this functionality.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Chewits

Post by Chewits »

Hi atrol,

do you think it is a good idea to add this feature as a standard MantisBT option?
It seems that this feature can be implemented in a plugin using EVENT_NOTIFY_USER_INCLUDE event, but I believe it's better to add one more column to the [ E-mail Notifications ] page named "Category Owner".

I think it's a common case when category handlers should receive notifications. E.g. in our company category handlers are responsible persons for issues in their category: issues are automatically assigned to them if a reporter did not touch the Assign To field on issue creation. When category handlers re-assign issues to somebody, they will no longer receive notifications. This is the bad case for us.

What do you think? I can create an issue for that.

Alexander
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Chewits wrote:When category handlers re-assign issues to somebody, they will no longer receive notifications.
This happens just if the category handler re-assigns without adding a note. You could treat this case by writing a plugin that adds the category handler to the users that are monitoring the issue.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Chewits

Post by Chewits »

It will not work for us because the category maintainer can be changed or another person may temporarily replace him (e.g. due to vacation, illness, etc..). In both cases we want the category maintainer to receive notifications about all issues in the category. Apparently, if we implement this via 'monitor' feature, the new category maintainer will receive notifications only for new issues in the category. It is a stumbling block for us.
Chewits

Post by Chewits »

I've created a pull request for that:
https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/pull/762
So if you think this feature can be helpful for someone except me I can make further modifications, following you remarks.
It's also not a problem for me if you don't think this option is useful :)