Mantis Migration to new server - Attachments lost?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

rhewett

Mantis Migration to new server - Attachments lost?

Post by rhewett »

Our company is getting its own servers and getting off the servers owned by the company we lease our office space from. We had Mantis (v 1.2.17) on a 2008 R2 server. I'm moving it to a 2012 R2 Server.

I copied and moved the files over.
I copied and moved the database over.
I made the necessary changes to the config_inc.php to make sure it connected to the new database.
Everyone is able to login and make changes as expected. It seems like all of the data moved over without an issue, with one exception. The new install shows all attachments as "Attachment Missing".
We have mantis set up to use $g_file_upload_method = DISK for file uploads.

Is there somewhere that the files should reside? I checked the php.ini to see what the upload path is, but the files in the upload path don't match the filenames or anything that I'm expecting to see.

If I have to, I can go into the old install (I still have access to the old server for a little while) and pull the files out and re-upload them on the new server. We only have 75 bugs in the system right now, and maybe 10% of them have attachments.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
rhewett

Re: Mantis Migration to new server - Attachments lost?

Post by rhewett »

I found my own answer. Looking through projects I saw there was a location set there; in this case, that location doesn't exist on the new server. I fixed those and everything was happy again.