Duplicate project name on bug report page

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

VoodooPriest

Duplicate project name on bug report page

Post by VoodooPriest »

Hi all,

On the bug report page, the current project can be seen in a selection list/combobox next to the Switch button.

However, I believe this project name is not really visible for users who are not accustomed to Mantis. I would like to have the project name duplicated as a static label right above the "Enter Report Details" (on right next to that label, i.e. something like "Enter Report Details | Project: <project name>").

The form title ("Enter Report Details") is generated in bug_report_page.php. However, the combobox that contains project names is generated in "html_api.php".

Following an execution path, I determined (thanks to function print_project_option_list in print_api.php) that I can get the project name with project_get_field( $t_id, 'name' ). Therefore, my first question of "how can I get the name of a project?" is answered.

Hence, my question: What's the recommended way to alter the HTML that Mantis generates? Should I directly modify the bug_report_page.php file or should I redefine it in a specific folder whose contents would override distribution files (if such a folder exists and is supported)? I hope I'm clear.

Chapter 7 of the Mantis Administration Guide is all about customizing but I didn't find anything pertinent to this in it.

Thank you.