Switch Project Name depending on user language

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Kaiji

Switch Project Name depending on user language

Post by Kaiji »

It took me lots of time googling (not to much info on this matter) but I accomplished to auto-translate all custom fields labels and enum/list/radio values to the language that the current user has defined in the preferences tab. Now there is only one step ahead to achieve 100% text translation: to get project names translated as well.

If one project's name in english is "Returns Management" when changing to spanish, it shoud translate to "Gestión de Retornos" and "Gestión des Retours" in french and so on.

Everything else is translated and it would be a pitty not being able to get this transalted as well... and having the project cloned for every damn language is not an acceptable solution specially when every other field and text is correctly translated. Yeah, I know that this is not a really serious concern and users can live on and get accustomed
to this little flaw, but why not having it solved?

By the way, the way to get the enums,lists,radio buttons etc is everything but easy to tell... the whole translation management system should be revised from head to toe. Why not having a form to handle the 'custom_strings_inc.php' ? Do you think that having to use override functions on 'custom_function_api.php' for enum translations is something that a normal mantis user will ever find out?? I hope that in further releases of Mantis the whole multilingual system gets more attention and new management forms/tools

Thank you.