HELP: Mantis Broken after Aptitude safe-upgrade!!!

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

AubreyR

HELP: Mantis Broken after Aptitude safe-upgrade!!!

Post by AubreyR »

Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to system admin, as I am a computing science student.

I cannot retrieve my Mantis version because I cannot access any of the pages. I can access the files, but I don't know which file to look in. I installed this Mantis release about 3 months ago and it was a fresh download, if that helps.

I ran a sudo aptitude safe-upgrade today and everything went to pot. The server had no snapshot backup configured (just DB backups), so I cannot roll back the upgrade trivially. I am very new, and I know what I did was naive. Mantis was hard for me to upgrade/configure in the first place, and I feel lost now that I've gone and screwed things up on a production server.

When I try and access the server via index.php, it says:
APPLICATION ERROR #400
Database connection failed. Error received from database was #0: PHP Support for database is not enabled.

Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
When I try and access the admin page, it says:
ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver ''
I can access all the files on the webserver, and php seems to be working fine. I can manually access the mysql database. It's just the Mantis front end that is seems busted. Any recommendations? Is there an easy way to uninstall and then fresh install Mantis, or any other troubleshooting steps that might help?

It would not allow me to upload the phpinfo.htm here to provide more information to potential helpers because "the upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector", so I copied and pasted it to a PDF, which was also not allowed, then I tried rtf, which is also not allowed. So I'm stumped how you want me to post my phpinfo, or what sections are relevant.

I included a text file of all the aptitude updates ( grepped for installed/removed/upgraded today, and I think I did it right ).

Please help, I will be checking back here tomorrow and the next day to see if anyone has responded, and I am more than willing to provide any and all information needed. I believe I am running Apache2 webserver (which was also difficult for me to get running), and PHP5 with MySQL support. I'm desperate.

Thank you,
Aubrey Robertson
Attachments
apthistory.txt
Apt history parsed by grep for installed/removed/upgraded today (I think I did this right)
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 316 times