Email problem when using Custom Reporter Select

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

joelgb

Email problem when using Custom Reporter Select

Post by joelgb »

I'm running Mantis 1.2.17 with Custom Reporter Select 1.03. I'm having trouble getting email to work in some situations and am a bit lost in whether this is a configuration error or a bug.

We use mantis primarily for help desk tracking. Sometimes end users call in or don't make their own tickets. For this reason we (Admins) will sometimes create tickets on their behalf and use Custom Reporter to set them as the reporter. This works without issue.

If later we change the status of the issue to "feedback" in order to request feedback from the end user, we as admins receive an email but the end user never does. So we think we have requested feedback from the user, but they are never informed of the request. I *think* this is because the admin is technically the reporter, but am not sure. (When viewing the issue, the Reporter field shows with the correct end user, however the Issue history at the bottom shows the admin as the "New Issue")
Email messages seem to go out normally/as expected if we do not submit an issue using Custom Reporter Select.

Does anyone have any idea where I should look or if this sounds like a bug?

Thanks,
Joel