E-Mail Notification Reported by&Assign to Cust

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

saayid

E-Mail Notification Reported by&Assign to Cust

Post by saayid »

Hi All,

We have been using Mantis for a year now ( recently upgraded to 1.2.17) and it's been a wonderful defect tracking tool to work with. Thanks to all the users and this forums support that has made implementation of this tool a great experience.

I have a question here and i am posting this because i searched and i am unable to find any tips on how to incorporate this customization or if this customization is feasible.

When Admin creates a new user there is a user name as well as real name field . User Names that we use are the employee id's. Is it possible for the Email reports to display the user name & real name in the Reported by and Assign to fields ?

Say for eg:

user name is employee id like 109621 and real name is Saayid Rahim in the email notifications sent it shows as Reported by: 109621(Saayid Rahim) instead of 109621 alone so that if there are other stakeholders in loop say for eg: managers or heads of sections it would be extremely clear from the email notification who has raised the bug and with whom it is pending with when names are also mapped to id's.

Kindly let me know if it is feasible to incorporate this customization.

Again i would like to thank Mantis Forum Moderators for all the support and help.
Saayid Rahim
Systems Analyst
Quality Assurance Group
Qatar Fertiliser Company, Mesaieed

Mantis BT Ver 1.2.19, Windows 2012 R2
atrol
Site Admin

Re: E-Mail Notification Reported by&Assign to Cust

Post by atrol »

You can show the real name instead of the user name by adding the following line to file config_inc.php

Code: Select all

$g_show_realname = ON;
You have to change the source code if more configuration is needed.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
saayid

Re: E-Mail Notification Reported by&Assign to Cust

Post by saayid »

Thanks Atrol..it works perfect!
Saayid Rahim
Systems Analyst
Quality Assurance Group
Qatar Fertiliser Company, Mesaieed

Mantis BT Ver 1.2.19, Windows 2012 R2