How can I move notes from one issue to a different one?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

almetraet

How can I move notes from one issue to a different one?

Post by almetraet »

Hi, we allow our clients to post issues and follow up notes on our Mantis instance and sometimes they end up putting notes on the wrong task - I've searched high and low for a built in way to do this (apart from copy and paste into a new note, which of course works but you lose the original author and date/time posted!) but can't find anything. I also then looked for an existing plugin which might already do this but couldn't find one ... does anybody have any ideas?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How can I move notes from one issue to a different one?

Post by atrol »

There is no built in function for it. I am also not aware that someone wrote a plugin.

Some thoughts of what you have to consider when developing a solution:

- check access rights of the user that moves to add a note in target project
- in case of a private note: check access rights of the user that moves to see private notes in target project
- check access rights of the reporter in target project
- in case of a private note: check access rights of the reporter to see private notes in target project
- introduce a new history type (note moved) and add entries to old and new issue
- introduce a new mail notification message (e.g., "Your note has been moved from project A to project B")
- notes can have multiple versions
- ensure that the note id keeps the same to avoid that links to that node (~<notdeID>) are not dead
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual