defining who can set priorities

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jprideaux

defining who can set priorities

Post by jprideaux »

We would like to use Mantis to have a group of "users" enter issues and a supervisor be able to update the issues (including assigning priority). We can do this by setting up the users as reporters and the supervisor as an updater (or higher).

The problem is I would like for the users to also be able to update the issues with adding in more information but not set the priority.
Is there any way to tease out the setting of the priority from the other updater privileges?

Or is there another way within Mantis to achieve having a supervisor determine some kind of ranking on what issue should be worked on in what order?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: defining who can set priorities

Post by atrol »

jprideaux wrote: Is there any way to tease out the setting of the priority from the other updater privileges?
There is no configuration option for it. You would have to change source code.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
jprideaux

Post by jprideaux »

I figured out an alternative solution. I created a priority custom field and granted view and edit access across the user types I wanted. I then added it to the view issues page and hid the old priority column from that page. That will work for our purposes.
ribaaa

Post by ribaaa »

Hi,

this requirement is something similar, if not the same that I would like to have.
Can you please share your solution in more details.

Thanks