Unable to remove custom field from "Manage Columns"

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Eric B

Unable to remove custom field from "Manage Columns"

Post by Eric B »

Somewhere along the way, I added a custom column to View Requests Columns, Print Requests Columns, and CSV Columns. On the manage columns page, the view requests columns box looks like this:

selection, edit, priority, custom_Work Order, id, bugnotes_count, category_id, severity, status, last_updated, summary

I have tried several times to remove custom_Work Order and the message says "Operation Successful" but when the page refreshes, the field is back in there.

I've looked in the DB and don't see that in the view_issues_page_columns config table. Where are these values stored? HELP!
MantisBT 1.2.15
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Unable to remove custom field from "Manage Columns"

Post by atrol »

I was not able to reproduce this issue using latest stable version (1.2.15 at the moment)
Your version 1.2.5 is quite outdated. IIRC there where some issues with custom field names with spaces in older versions. Maybe this is causing your issue.
I recommend updating to 1.2.15.

You can also try page "Manage" > "Manage Configuration" > "Configuration Report"
You will see entries for the columns and a delete button for the options.
If there is also a problem you can access database and remove entries from table mantis_config_table.

Again: As a first step I recommend updating to 1.2.15 as we fixed a lot of bugs since 1.2.5.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Eric B

Post by Eric B »

I've removed all the database entries and verified it is not in the table and still it comes back. That's why I am looking for somewhere else it may be stored (a config file? I've checked the config_inc and config_defaults_inc).

I'll try and update. The install I am on has been customized to the point it is a pain but one of the points of the move I am making is to get rid of most of the code customizations so perhaps a vanilla install is just what the doctor ordered :roll:
MantisBT 1.2.15
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Not in database, not in config_inc.php, not in config_defaults_inc.php (which should NEVER be changed)
Seems your installation is customized in a quite dirty way.

There are many ways of MantisBT customization (configuration options in config_inc.php, configuration using web UI, custom functions, a plugin system, a SOAP API)
For most of real life use cases there is no need to change any of the original source files.
If you follow these rules you will not get any problems when updating from 1.2.0 to any of the following 1.2.x versions and updating will not be more than about 10 Minutes work.
Eric B

Post by Eric B »

None of the customizations involve the custom fields and the config_defaults is stock. the only real non-standard customizations were to a couple of the _view_ pages. (and I am using MS SQL Server so upgrading is a pain in the __)

Going back to stock .15 now and then we'll see what's up.
MantisBT 1.2.15
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Eric B wrote: (and I am using MS SQL Server so upgrading is a pain in the __)
I know that there are various known issues using MS SQL. But upgrading from 1.2.5 to 1.2.15 is no problem.
There are no database schema changes, so you can just download 1.2.15, unpack it, copy config_inc.php from 1.2.5 to 1.2.15, rename the paths
There is no need to run admin/install.php
Eric B

Post by Eric B »

atrol wrote:There are no database schema changes, so you can just download 1.2.15, unpack it, copy config_inc.php from 1.2.5 to 1.2.15, rename the paths
There is no need to run admin/install.php
Tried this. I get a APPLICATION WARNING #811: User with id "0" not found. error message on the login page and any ID/password combo comes back as invalid.

May have to try a complete vanilla install including DB unless you have any other ideas.
MantisBT 1.2.15
Eric B

Post by Eric B »

The good news is I am all set and up on 1.2.15 :P
More good news is my issue was simple. The bad news is I am a dork :oops:

I had added code to custom_functions_inc that was producing this behavior back before the manage columns feature was there. Once removed, it worked just fine.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for wasting your time :wink:
MantisBT 1.2.15
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Eric B wrote:The bad news is I am a dork :oops:
The good news is you are a honest dork :wink:
Thanks for coming back and telling the solution.
Ancy

Post by Ancy »

dear All,

Is there any possibility to remove exiting field like 'Reproduibility' from 'Report issue' ? and change the values in the dropdown list of Priority ?
Much appreciated