Problems with the email queue

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dbiadog

Problems with the email queue

Post by dbiadog »

Good morning all,

I am currently having some issues with the email queue. I have taken a look at the posted instructions (http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... il_queuing) and have implemented them accordingly. The good news is issue submission is near instantaneous. Unfortunately, no emails are being sent out. I am able to send out emails without queuing so I know the gmail account I have set is good. I have also checked the mantis_email_table. It is empty. I believe I read somewhere on the forum that if the email was not sent, it would stay populated in the table until it was sent. Anyone have any ideas?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Problems with the email queue

Post by atrol »

Login to your gmail account.
Maybe you will see some messages that you are no longer allowed to send mails.
I remember issues where gmail started treating MantisBT mails as spam after having sent some mails.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
dbiadog

Post by dbiadog »

Thanks for the reply atrol!!!

I have checked and it is not being blocked/spammed. Plus, emailing still works if i turn off the chronjobs option in config_inc.php. It is only when I turn on the chronjobs option in config_inc.php that it doesn't send out. I have configured a windows task according to the instructions. I am calling cgi-exe in my php installation and passing it the path to send_mail.php.

Based on the info I have read, it is supposed to queue the emails in the email table right? That table is empty.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

dbiadog wrote:I am calling cgi-exe in my php installation and passing it the path to send_mail.php.
Maybe this is the problem.
The name of the script is send_emails.php
dbiadog wrote: Based on the info I have read, it is supposed to queue the emails in the email table right? That table is empty.
The content of the table is deleted after an email has been sent.
So after your tests without cronjob and successful sending this is what I expect.
dbiadog

Post by dbiadog »

Atrol,

Sorry for the delay in response. Been crazy busy with end of year type auditing. Thanks for all the help but I found the issue... it seems at least for a XAMPP installation, you need to call win-cgi.exe instead of php-cgi.exe. Just tried that as an act of desperation and that seemed to fix the issue. I am now successfully sending out emails with Windows event viewer :P . Thanks for all the help!!! :mrgreen:
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Thanks for coming back and telling the solution.
Ancy

Post by Ancy »

Hi There,

Do you by chance know how to resolve the same in linux server?