Your browser does not know how to handle cookies?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

tgp1994

Your browser does not know how to handle cookies?

Post by tgp1994 »

I seem to be getting an error message that several other users have experienced before as well.

I just finished setting up Mantis 1.2.5 on my WAMP server (on Windows Server 2003). After a great hassle with the email, I now have the administrator's password completely set, and I'm ready to log in. However, when I try to do so, this error message is printed on my screen:

Code: Select all

Your browser either does not know how to handle cookies, or refuses to handle them.
This happens not only on Internet Explorer 8, but also on Firefox 4. Since I know both can work with cookies just fine (hey, I'm posting on a forum right now), I would be more inclined to say that Mantis may not be able to handle cookies... (or is refusing to do so :P)

Anyhow, my domain is tgpserv.game-host.org (so really a subdomain), I tried setting $g_cookie_domain to 'tgpserv.game-host.org', then '.game-host.org', but neither has worked. I'm not really sure what I should do with the cookie path, any other php software seems to work fine without needing special configuration like that.

Does anyone have a method for fixing this?
m.abdullah

Re: Your browser does not know how to handle cookies?

Post by m.abdullah »

Hi tgp1994 ,
I've having this issue now, so i'm trying to investigate the cause of the problem.
May i know does your webpage or domain has any special character in it like "_"?
Thanks.
tgp1994

Re: Your browser does not know how to handle cookies?

Post by tgp1994 »

m.abdullah wrote:Hi tgp1994 ,
I've having this issue now, so i'm trying to investigate the cause of the problem.
May i know does your webpage or domain has any special character in it like "_"?
Thanks.
Hi m.abdullah,

Wow, this was a blast from the past! I can't even remember what Firefox 4 looks like. I'm afraid you're about five years too late.