MantisBT (1.2.3) on IIS/MS SQL Server/PHP 5.2.x

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

udo

MantisBT (1.2.3) on IIS/MS SQL Server/PHP 5.2.x

Post by udo »

Hello,

at work our IT tried to install MantisBT (1.2.3) on IIS/MS SQL Server/PHP 5.2.x but always got stuck with this error message:

Code: Select all

APPLICATION ERROR #401 
Database query failed. Error received from database was #206: Operand type clash: int is incompatible with text for the query: INSERT INTO mantis_config_table
( value, type, access_reqd, config_id, project_id, user_id )
VALUES
(?, ?, ?, ?, ?,? ).
Note: We where productively testing Mantis on my (private) LAMP environment with no issues...

After some investigations, I found the following (open) issues regarding this: To me this looks like it is not possible to run MantisBT (1.2.x) on IIS/MS SQL Server. Is my assumption correct?

Thanks, Udo
atrol
Site Admin

Re: MantisBT (1.2.3) on IIS/MS SQL Server/PHP 5.2.x

Post by atrol »

You should also mail to the developer or help mailing list for this.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
udo

Post by udo »

Thanks for mentioning this. I send it to dev and help mailing list yesterday. so far no response...

Note: Not sure it went through. I did not receive an e-mail. Maybe the addressee is excluded from receiving his own request...
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

udo wrote: Note: Not sure it went through. I did not receive an e-mail.
I got the e-mail
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
udo

Post by udo »

David (from dev mailing list) answered my question. the response is this:
MantisBT should work with MSSQL however there are issues with different database servers supporting SQL standards in different ways, not supporting some SQL features, etc.

There is work under way to overhaul the database API to remove our dependency on ADOdb for query rewriting. The aim is to implement something which is better supported and maintained - based on PHP's PDO.

I'm not aware of many mantisbt-dev users running MantisBT on a Windows platform so that will be the reason for a lack of response thus far.

A workaround that may help you in the interim is:
1) Rename the library/adodb directory from your current MantisBT installation to library/adodb-backup.
2) Download MantisBT v1.2.0 and extract/copy the library/adodb directory to your MantisBT installation. You'll now have both adodb and adodb-backup directories.
3) Run the upgrade procedure on your MantisBT installation (hopefully it works now).
4) Delete the library/adodb directory.
5) Rename library/adodb-backup to library/adodb to restore the original version of ADOdb. Note: THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT. Older versions of ADOdb have outstanding security vulnerabilities.

The reason that procedure may assist is that the version of ADOdb we shipped with MantisBT 1.2.0 had some hacks in place to work around some bugs with MSSQL. MantisBT 1.2.latest doesn't have those hacks in place any more - partly because Linux distributions don't use/want these bundled libraries.

Again, work is under way to redo the database API so it is more robust. I'm planning to push for use of SQL:2008 compliant queries with a "system" in place to rewrite queries for database servers that don't
adhere to the standards.

Regards, David
ela

Post by ela »

I am getting the same problem. Can anyone please help me to solve this.
1. Created a website for Mantis1.2.4
2. Created empty database.
3. Got the Application error#401
4. Manually ran the sql script
5. When i access the site, it redirects to \login_page.php with HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.

I have got stuck with this error since yesterday.

Need help.

Thanks
Ela