Mantis and Testlink Integration

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dmathur

Mantis and Testlink Integration

Post by dmathur »

I was successfully able to link together Mantis and Test link on Ubuntu Linux. I hope what I learned will help others. It is not that difficult.

Install Mantis and Testlink separately on the same machine. Install Testlink in the folder "/var/www", so that it can be invoked directly from the browser. Release 1.9 Beta3 is unstable - do not use it. I used the release 1.8.4.

Follow the instructions from the link: http://svn.sourceforge.jp/svnroot/testl ... -howto.pdf. They are very good.

Another link that I found useful was: http://blog.imaginea.com/setting-up-testlink-on-linux/

The key thing to remember when you modify parameter values in mantis.cfg.php (under Testlink directory), they should EXACTLY match corresponding values in the file config_inc.php (under Mantis directory).

The way the Mantis and Testlink work together is as follows:

You can import your test plan in Testlink and execute those tests. If a test fails - you can put its bug report in Mantis. The bug number (associated with bug report) in Mantis - you can put in the Testlink against the failed test (there is the bug icon presented against the failed test). So each time you visit Testlink and look at the failed test - there are links to the corresponding bug reports in Mantis.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Deepak
tetsunami

Re: Mantis and Testlink Integration

Post by tetsunami »

hello deepak i want to ask you (i know you know about java portal) if u can tell me the best way for integrate mantis in a portlet
i just tried inner Frame but i want to try the lpad feature :twisted:
arunsingh

Post by arunsingh »

Hi,

I have been trying to integrate mantis with Test Link for test management activities. But on every attempt to configure the same, the following error is being generated:
“MySQL 4.1.0 or later is required for installation.”

The stated issue appears to be a known issue as per the following mantis ticket:
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=12927

The ticket states of getting the issue resolved in the next release (current version being 1.2.5), but the next version has yet not been released. The alternate way proposed to handle the stated issue is mention to replace the install.php (has been mentioned as a patch fix to the issue).

On attempting to integrate Mantis with Test Link after replacing the Install.php file, the following error is being displayed:
“Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_api() in C:\xampp\htdocs\mantisbt-1.2.5\admin\install.php on line 35”

Could you please advise of an actual fix or appropriate work around to address the stated issue ASAP.

Thanks,
Arun
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Seems that you replaced with wrong version of install.php
The one you used is for development version and not for version 1.2.5
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
arunsingh

Post by arunsingh »

Hi Atrol,

Thanks for the response.
I replaced it with the Install.php available in mantis (http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=12927).

In case that is not the correct one. Could you please provide the correct php which would resolve the stated issue and allow me integrate Mantis with test Link.

Thanks,
Arun
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

arunsingh wrote: I replaced it with the Install.php available in mantis (http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=12927).
In case that is not the correct one. Could you please provide the correct php which would resolve the stated issue and allow me integrate Mantis with test Link.
There are two file links attached to this issue. One for version 1.2.5 (master-1.2.x) and one for version 1.3 (master)
rorke

Post by rorke »

Please could you give an example of how to link Mantis with TestLink?

I've read the 'how to' but I just can't make it work, and I don't think it is clear at all.

The level of expertise I'm working to is low/newbie, but I am Linux literate skilled in general.

I'm running everything from 'localhost'.

Do I need a separate SQL ac?
What is an anonymous mantis account?
Which password do I need?
Etc.

Any help much appreciated,
Simon
spacomp

Post by spacomp »

I am running Testlink and Mantis on two different terminals, ideally speaking the DB reference has to be changed to point from the respective locations.

I have tried the same, but it is not working.

I had similar setup earlier and both TestLink and Mantis existed on the same machine and that time it worked like a charm.

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanking you in advance.
xolani

Post by xolani »

I am trying o integrate mantis and testlink but the custom_config.inc.php file is missing. How can I solve this? Please help
mayuri.ingale

Post by mayuri.ingale »

I have installed "Testlink 1.19.14" and have integrated it with "Mantis" defect tracker tool.
Now whenever i assign any bug id whose range is greater than 8275 i am getting an below error.
"Bug ID 8276 does not exist on BTS!".

Please assist me to resolve my problem.
SWTester

Post by SWTester »

Hi guys,

i want to integrate Mantis (interface: db) to TestLink.

i have attached a screenshot where the information about my actions are shown.

Can anyone help me with the problem.
Attachments
Screenshot of Mantis DB settings in TestLink.png
Screenshot of Mantis DB settings in TestLink.png (60.3 KiB) Viewed 26407 times
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

SWTester,
I recommend to ask your question in test link forum.

Just one hint:
mantisbt-1.2.5 in uriview and uricreate means the directory where you installed Mantis, it does not mean the version.
It's certainly no good ideas to use version numbers in uri as versions do no longer correspond after an upgrade.
Kondiramk

Post by Kondiramk »

mayuri.ingale wrote:I have installed "Testlink 1.19.14" and have integrated it with "Mantis" defect tracker tool.
Now whenever i assign any bug id whose range is greater than 8275 i am getting an below error.
"Bug ID 8276 does not exist on BTS!".

Please assist me to resolve my problem.
Dear All,

I am facing same issue. How can we increase the range of adding bug in teslink?
Kondiramk

Post by Kondiramk »

spacomp wrote:I am running Testlink and Mantis on two different terminals, ideally speaking the DB reference has to be changed to point from the respective locations.

I have tried the same, but it is not working.

I had similar setup earlier and both TestLink and Mantis existed on the same machine and that time it worked like a charm.

Can anybody help me on this?

Thanking you in advance.
Hi,

I could be late to answer your question but purposely I am writing here for the guidance.

Recently I have tried to point the DB which is hosted on different server successfully.

Steps:

1. Create admin user of mysql e.g like 'globalroot' which should have granted all the privileges. Kindly refer http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/ ... users.html to add admin user and giving the access.
2. Go to config_inc.php and update as mentioned belew:

$g_hostname = 'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX'; // Enter IP address of server where your db has hosted.
$g_db_type = 'mysql';
$g_database_name = 'bugtracker'; // Enter data base name
$g_db_username = 'globalroot'; // admin user who has granted all the previleges
$g_db_password = 'XXXXXXXX'; // Password of of admin user

3. Save the config_inc.php file and reload the mantis. it will work.

Regards,
Kondiram