Update Mantis: UTF8 Unicode Problem

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

torsten.fleischmann

Update Mantis: UTF8 Unicode Problem

Post by torsten.fleischmann »

Hello together,

i have a problem with updating Mantis from 1.0.6 to 1.2.0.

I converted the mysql db to UTF 8 (from latin 1) as describted herehttp://codesnippets.joyent.com/posts/show/84, but i still get some errors when i run /admin/check.php...see screenshot here http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7764/problemon.jpg.

How to fix them?

Server is OpenSuse with Apache 2, MySql and PHP 5.2

Thanks for your help!

Torsten

Edit: If i take a look at one of the "bad" tables like project_table i looks like everything's OK...please take a look http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5180/problem2i.jpg
torsten.fleischmann

Re: Update Mantis: UTF8 Unicode Problem

Anybody???
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

Collation of some tables are incorrect. Check see collation each of table.
torsten.fleischmann

Hi,

thanks for your help.

I checked all tables in MySQL Administrator and all have the same collation as
you can see in this screenshot: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5180/problem2i.jpg

Is this collation the right one?

Best regards

Torsten
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

On screenshot collation right
torsten.fleischmann

Problem fixed:

These "bad" collations were zero tables in the database.

MySQLAdministrator GUI hadn`t shown them, but using the console (show table status) they got listed.

I deleted the zero tables manually in /var/lib/mysql/bugtracker...now everything is fine.

Thanks,

Torsten
info4km

Post by info4km »

i am having the same issue. I never touch the database manually - so how can I check the collation on the tables?

I never deleted or updated anything manually before when upgrading Mantis. Usually the upgrade SW/files provide a script to be run, when things were necessary, or some type of instructions.

I didn't really see any this time around, so I did the usually install.php and check.php etc.
Thx
info4km

Post by info4km »

Well I took a closer look at the previous messages. checked the table status and then I ran the conversion steps to set the DB table collation to utf8 and it worked OK. I re-ran check.php and the errors are gone. I was just wondering if I missed this step originally when I updated to mysql 5 from 4.x -

Either way - it seems OK now after the dump and recreate/reload etc.

thx
jsiegel5

Post by jsiegel5 »

I don't care for the dump / edit dump file with sed / restore approach, so I did this instead:

Put these lines into a text file fix-bugtracker-utf.txt , and execute with "mysql -u root -p -h your_hostname < fix-bugtracker-utf.txt"

ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_file_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_history_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_monitor_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_relationship_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_tag_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bug_text_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bugnote_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_bugnote_text_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_config_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_custom_field_project_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_custom_field_string_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_custom_field_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_email_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_filters_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_news_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_project_file_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_project_hierarchy_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_project_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_project_user_list_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_project_version_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_sponsorship_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_tag_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_tokens_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_user_pref_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_user_print_pref_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_user_profile_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
ALTER TABLE bugtracker.mantis_user_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Now the problem with check.php is solved...