Time Tracker

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

davidnewcomb

Time Tracker

Post by davidnewcomb »

Hello everyone,

I am not really sure where to post. Do I use the new forum or the mailing list. For the moment I will post to both. Until someone says otherwise.

This is mainly related to : #5231 Time Tracking

I have coupled bugnote reporting with a new 'time taken' field. Everywhere you enter a bugnote you can also enter a time_taken in HH:MM format. When the bug note is viewed, its right-hand part is displayed like:

(0008820)
davidnewcomb
[ 1:30 ]
2004-12-29 00:11

where 1:30 represents 1h30m time taken.

On the report bug page, Underneath the "[+/-] Notes" there is a new section called "Bugnote Statistics" which expands into a small search form where you can enter a "from date" and/or a "to date" [or nothing]. When you submit the form it calculates all the time taken by a user in that time frame (or so far, if no search criteria were specified). The results are displayed under the "Bugnote Statistics" form on the bugs page. The results layout is the same as "Issue History", and displays username and time taken.

That is all done, and it works quite nicely. I would like to try to get this work into the main source. I can see lots of extensions coming from this. JpGraph, which I'm fimilar with, could produce a lot of good visual effects.

How can I get the changes approved?
How can I get my status changed from reporter to developer?

FYI:
http://www.mantisbt.org/general_development.php
Spelling mistake: "chagnes" -> "changes"

Regards,
David.
davidnewcomb

Post by davidnewcomb »

Been doing a bit of digging and my issue #5231 is the same as #113 which has been assigned to prescience. The issue has a creation date of 2001-02-03 14:16!

In it (s)he mentions that "it will be a post 1.0" but (s)he wrote that in 2001! The issue is also labeled as 'Resolution=fixed' which is not.

I have a question which I would like to throw in:

1. Which levels should be able to access/ enter/ view reports containing
this information?

I feel it should be:
developer add/change their own
manager add/change their own and their projects
administrator everyones.

You don't really need to give this to the public as it is just for accounting and billing.

If this issue has been sitting about for 4 years what hope is there?
Maybe prescience shead some light on the current situation.
mikewhit

prescience by name ...

Post by mikewhit »

Obviously 'prescience' knew that you would be doing it ;-)