Export / import whole project?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Tagirijus

Export / import whole project?

Post by Tagirijus »

Hey there,

is there a way to export a whole project (and import it later, if needed correctly .... best would be with every correct date, when notes were added and status were changed, etc.)?

I know the XML import / export. Unfortunately it does not import correctly. The actual state for my test export ticket was resolved, but the imported ticket was still open. Then even worse: all the notes did only had the actual date, when I imported the XML. This is rather useless for archiving.

My wanted workflow is to be able to archive projects, which are closed and be able to delete them in MantisBT so that they are not visible in the settings anymore.

... or hmm ... maybe it is possible to write a plugin, which hides selected projects in the settings as well? It's just about the visiblitiy of the projects in the settings.

For your information to understand my workflow: I am using MantisBT as a project management tool. I am a freelancer composer and sound designer. For a track I produced, I create a ticket and save all the client whishes and the version of the track to be able to track down what I still have to do or even track back what a client wanted for a track two months ago etc. Unfortunately I have many little projects sometimes and this is filling up the settings area. Not the "working" area, since I know that I can deactivate a project so that this won't be shown anymore. Such a feature would be great to have for the settings as well.

Any ideas? :)
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Export / import whole project?

Post by atrol »

Tagirijus wrote: so that they are not visible in the settings anymore.
What does "in the settings" mean? Which page is it?
Maybe "Configuration report"?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Sorry for my bad explanation. With the "settings page" I am talking about the project management page: manage_proj_page.php

If I have some time, I thought about digging into MantisBT plugin development. Maybe it's not that difficult to make a manage_proj_page.php with two tables. One showing the active projects only and one with only the deactivated. This would give me a cleaner look already.

I still appreciate other ideas at this point. :)
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

For a quick and dirty workaround to exclude disabled projects, change the following line in manage_proj_page.php
from

Code: Select all

$t_projects = user_get_accessible_projects( auth_get_current_user_id(), true );
to

Code: Select all

$t_projects = user_get_accessible_projects( auth_get_current_user_id(), false );
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Cool. Thanks for this workaround / idea. Will test it! :)