Export issues to Github

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

matias

Export issues to Github

Post by matias »

Hi guys, I'm trying to find a way to export a MantisBT issue to Github. I've installed the Source Control plugin and configured with Github, but I can't find a way to do it. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Export issues to Github

Post by atrol »

The Source Control plugin connects issues in MantisBT with change sets / commits of a version control system (e.g. Git hosted at GitHub or Git hosted on your own Server)

Exporting an issue to another bug tracking system is no good idea IMO, as you will produce redundant information which is hard to synchronize.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
matias

Post by matias »

Well, my idea is not to post exactly the same content, but a way to have some link between "Bugs reported by users on MantisBT" and "Techincal issues on Github"
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

matias wrote:a way to have some link between "Bugs reported by users on MantisBT" and "Techincal issues on Github"
Isn't it enough for that to enter the link in bug description or the additional information or to create a custom field for that?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
matias

Post by matias »

Creating a custom field would serve as a "Link" for MantisBT to GH. I'll explore this possibility. Thanks for your help