Mantis modification, installation and charge

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dinasystem

Mantis modification, installation and charge

Post by dinasystem »

Hi everybody, :)

I have a question: I was reading the GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE GNU (Version 3, June 29th, 2007) in which MANTIS is based on and my understanding is that it is free for my utilization, having it charged or not. Is that correct?

For instance, if I want to get MANTIS and adapt some functionalities to be installed in a company, can I do that and charge for the service?

I'm quoting the point below:
===================================================================================================================================================================
1.3. License
MantisBT is released under the terms of GNU General Public License (GPL). MantisBT is free to use and modify. It is free to redistribute as long as you abide by the distribution terms of the GPL.
===================================================================================================================================================================
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Mantis modification, installation and charge

Post by atrol »

dinasystem wrote:For instance, if I want to get MANTIS and adapt some functionalities to be installed in a company, can I do that and charge for the service?
I think you can, but I am not a lawyer.
To be sure you have to read http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
kun9999

Post by kun9999 »

if i am not wrong about GNU General Public License, you may collect fees and modify the codes on the conditions that all the codes must be made available to your client.
dinasystem

Post by dinasystem »

Team thank you very much for your support!!! :D :D