Add customer reference in report and display

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

slabo

Add customer reference in report and display

Post by slabo »

Hi,
We support and develop software for school management. I'd like to display which school this bug report was filed. Reports come either from phonecalls, or by getting an email. The way I see it, we should have add another type of user called school and display that name and school ID in the view and report pages.

More generally for Mantis, we should have a way to add types of users and what metadata to associate and show with each. I think this is a very common scenario, any ideas how to best implement this on Mantis? I know about custom fields, but in our case, school's names are long and it's much easier to enter their 4 digit ID number. So instead of a drop down menu or a textbox, I would enter a school's ID number and school name will be shown.

Also, we should be able to add something to the user's profile, in our case, that the user is the school's IT admin. So when we get an email from a certain user, we assign the right school to the report based on the email address linked to a certain user's profile.

what's the best way to implement this in Mantis?

Any help appreciated,
Thanks.
mariareese

Re: Add customer reference in report and display

Post by mariareese »

Does it generate separate id for schools?