Remove default summary field from report issue page

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

pere

Remove default summary field from report issue page

Post by pere »

Hi guys i have a problem with the summary field on my report issue page i would like remove them but i cant, any ideas? version of mantis is 1.3.0
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Remove default summary field from report issue page

Post by atrol »

You wrote at https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=21646 that you want a custom field for that.
Like I wrote before, summary is a quite essential and mandatory field in Mantis, so after removing some testing is needed to check if there are any side effects.
Further more you might get issues if you want to use other 3rd party plugins.
Keep also in mind that it will be a bit harder for you to update to later versions of Mantis if you change source of Mantis.

My first question is, why you want to use a custom field?
A better solution could be to use the existing summary field and change it in a way that fits your needs.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
pere

Post by pere »

atrol wrote:You wrote at https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=21646 that you want a custom field for that.
Like I wrote before, summary is a quite essential and mandatory field in Mantis, so after removing some testing is needed to check if there are any side effects.
Further more you might get issues if you want to use other 3rd party plugins.
Keep also in mind that it will be a bit harder for you to update to later versions of Mantis if you change source of Mantis.

My first question is, why you want to use a custom field?
A better solution could be to use the existing summary field and change it in a way that fits your needs.

I wanna a custom field because I use mantis with catalan language and summary field not translated good for my case=) sry about my english i dont speak it=)
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Create a file custom_strings_inc.php in folder config (where you have also file config_inc.php)
Use the following content for it and change it to your needs.

Code: Select all

<?php
$s_summary = 'Resum';
$s_email_summary = 'Resum';
$s_summary_updated = 'Resum Actualitzat';
mantisiator

Post by mantisiator »

Hi atrol,
I have tried this out in version 1.2.19 using s_summary_title parameter (as described in mantis/lang/strings_english.php file) instead of the s_summary parameter mentionned in your post - maybe this field name has changed in 1.3 ? but I could then no more have access to my mantis application. Do you have any idea please ?
mantisiator

Post by mantisiator »

More precisely, please find hereafter the implementation I have used:

$s_summary = 'Title';
$s_summary_title = 'Title';
$s_email_summary = 'Title';
$s_summary_updated' = 'Title Update';

Removing that implementation returns to a normal situation.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

pere wrote:version of mantis is 1.3.0
mantisiator wrote:I have tried this out in version 1.2.19
I don't have time to guide you step by step for two versions, so what you want: 1.2.19 or 1.3.0?
BTW, meanwhile there is 1.3.1 available which will be announced the next few days.
mantisiator wrote:using s_summary_title parameter
summary_title is a complete other thing (it's for the "Summary" page, not for the "Summary" field)
mantisiator wrote:but I could then no more have access to my mantis application. Do you have any idea please ?
Hard to say anything as you did not describe exactly what you did. I assume you introduced a syntax error. Check your web server logs for errors.
mantisiator

Post by mantisiator »

Hi again,
I am using version 1.2.19. There must indeed have been an error (probably a hidden character in the Windows/Linux editor - as a lessons learnt).

I therefore assumer there is no particular difference between 1.2.19 an 1.3 version for that thema ?

$s_summary = 'Title';
$s_email_summary = 'Title';
$s_summary_updated = 'Title Update';

Thanks a lot for the info for 1.3.1. In fact -for information- I have started the Mantis implementation in 1.2.19 and was beeing "convincing" the users to use Mantis while the 1.3 version was published...:(
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

mantisiator wrote: I therefore assumer there is no particular difference between 1.2.19 an 1.3 version for that thema ?
The main difference is the folder where you have to store file custom_strings_inc.php.
The root folder of your installation in 1.2.x, subfolder config in 1.3.x
mantisiator wrote: I have started the Mantis implementation in 1.2.19 and was beeing "convincing" the users to use Mantis while the 1.3 version was published...:(
It's no big deal to upgrade 1.2.19 to 1.3.0 or 1.3.1, see https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master-1. ... ll.upgrade
mantisiator wrote: There must indeed have been an error (probably a hidden character in the Windows/Linux editor - as a lessons learnt).
Does this mean that you fixed it and it works now?
mantisiator

Post by mantisiator »

Hi,
Thank you for the porting description from 1.2.19 to 1.3.x versions.
The problem is fixed and works fine now.
I am preparing my migration roadmap (but still blocked by a non-migrated 1.2.19 plugin - related to csv import)

Thank you very much !
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

mantisiator wrote:but still blocked by a non-migrated 1.2.19 plugin - related to csv import
Do you have your own plugin for it or do you use this one https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/csv-import ?
mantisiator

Post by mantisiator »

Hi,
I am indeed using the csv import plugin https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/csv-import

After review, it appears that the Readme file has been updated since my last check:

-A csv importer plugin for MantisBT v1.2.
+Compatibility
+-------------
+- Supports MantisBT v1.3.x -- use master branch
+- Supports MantisBT v2.x (modern ui) -- use modern-ui branch
+- Supports MantisBT v1.2.x -- use master-1.2.x branch

meaning I could thus move to 1.3.x version. I will review my roadmap accordingly :) . Thanks a lot for your help !