Can't find Mantis Database in Time machine backup on my Mac

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

stambe

Can't find Mantis Database in Time machine backup on my Mac

Post by stambe »

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Mac OS to El Capitan. After that mysql database stopped working (that is a known bug I guess). So I installed a new mysql version.

The system had mantis back up set up but it turned out that the script was altered recently in terms of a password due to which the recent mantis backups were files with no info (zero bytes) :( .

I tried restoring the time machine back up from a working instance. But don't see the database there at all. The system had one other database. That file is still there. But mantis database just doesn't exist in my time machine backup in /usr/local/mysql/data folder.

Don't know its a time machine back up issue or mantis issue. The mantis back up script issue should not have prevented it from being there in the time machine back up. Older time machine back ups show corresponding version of mantis database but the recent back up (from the day where mantis was working) doesn't show any mantis database in the expected folder.

Any idea what could be going on ? Would that be an invisible database or stored somewhere else or got deleted by the system ? One would expect the database to be there from a working back up version.

One more data point here. The mantis installation version for the last and old visible mantis database is different. Could the installation files be tied to a certain version stored somewhere else and take us to that location of database ?

How can I go back to the latest database ?

Thanks for any help.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Can't find Mantis Database in Time machine backup on my

Post by atrol »

Mantis does no database backup and does not change any MySQL installation.
I recommend to write also to other forums (MySQL, Mac OS, Time Machine, ...) as I expect that you will hardly get any help for your problem in this forum.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual