How to enable timeline, roadmap and changelog in 1.2.15

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

stulluk

How to enable timeline, roadmap and changelog in 1.2.15

Post by stulluk »

IN SHORT: In my side, Roadmap, Changelog, buttons does not do anything. There is also no Timeline view in my main page. How can I activate these functions?

Hi there,

I am newbie to mantisbt, and trying to use it for my dev team for a few days only.

I am using 1.2.15, and the system is running on a raspberry pi like 50USD ARM hardware. Really nice, thank you for this.

My look is currenly like this:

As you can see, I integrated my local gitweb ( which is another ARM based server) with mantis, and created some projects, some users, fixed e-mailing issues, and created some issues.

Thanks for everyone for this really nice app.

However, the functionality of my system is quite different, when compared with this one: https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/my_view_page.php

In my side, Roadmap, Changelog, buttons does not do anything. There is also no Timeline view in my main page.

How can I activate these functions?

Also, how can I integrate changesets with my issues? I heard it is something to do with the regex, but I don't know how to do it.

Again, many thanks.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How to enable timeline, roadmap and changelog in 1.2.15

Post by atrol »

Project versions will show up in the changelog assuming that the following conditions are met:

1. You setup a version in your project and marked as released.
2. There is at least one issue with fixed in version set to that version.

Project versions will show up in the roadmap assuming that the following conditions are met:

1. You setup a version in your project whoch is not marked as released.
2. There is at least one issue with target version set to that version.

Changesets get integrated into your issues if you add some reserved words (configurable by regex) to your commit messages.
e.g. out of the box you can write: "Fix #2" if you want the changeset to be added to issues numer 2 and to set it to resolved.
Please check the configuration page of the plugin to get an impression of all possible options.

Timeline is not available in version 1.2.x
It's a new feature in next version 1.3
We are running an early version of 1.3 on http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
rianna

Post by rianna »

When the new version is coming out?
Find up-to-date Billy Joel tour dates in 2016 and concert schedule. The cheapest tickets also available.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

rianna wrote:When the new version is coming out?
After all blocking issues are fixed. Can't tell a date.
nexgesivakumar

Post by nexgesivakumar »

After doing all the modifications in the respective PHP files, i got an error at the back-end as PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function require_api() in /var/www/html/mantisbt-1.2.19/core/timeline_inc.php on line 16 and page goes blank.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Timeline is not a feature of Mantis 1.2. and not supported.
You will have to deal yourself with any problems you get with it, as I don't expect that anyone will invest time for it.

I recommend to wait for 1.3.0 (should be available the next few weeks) or to use the latest development version 1.3.0-rc-2.