Using the roadmap feature in 1.1.0a2

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Make sure the versions are not marked as released, since roadmap only shows versions that are not yet released.
mother10

Post by mother10 »

Well, Thanks vboctor I found the problem!

Bij setting the versions for a project, it turns out that Released is the default value.
When I took away the released mark from the versions I wanted to see, everything showed up fine!

Shouldnt NON-released be a better default for newly entered versions for a produkt?

Regards.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

I agree that non-released makes more sense as the default. The reason it is set as released was mainly for consistency with older behaviour. Please submit a bug in the issue tracker regarding this issue and hopefully it will be included in a coming release.
lvalics

Post by lvalics »

For some reason the features what I close show in Roadmap (with some issues, but work now) but not on changelog. I think should be show also in changelog for version, cause is closed.
dlst

Post by dlst »

mother10 I can verify that this is a problem, I'm having exactly the same problem: blank roadmap page despite following install instructions, etc.

I also tried appending ?project_id=XX as suggested in the Wiki, with no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on this one?
BAMaustin

Re:Target Versions bulk assign/mass updates

Post by BAMaustin »

vboctor wrote:I've written some documentation for the feature, check it out on the wiki:
http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... es:roadmap

Let me know if you still have problems.
I read vboctor's "Roadmap : Assigning target release for multiple issues?" Wiki article with interest. Earlier that day, I had written eMail instructions to our Project's developer about how to use the Roadmap and Target Version similarly. It took quite some time to discover the Search terms to find it in this forums & online manual because that combobox because it isn't ID'd in the GUI.

Unfortunately, the Update Target Version menu item is missing from the 1.1.5 version of Mantis. (I've filed bug 9874 http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=9874) Is there another way to get to that bulk assign window without it?

Brian

Here's that eMail:
A roadmapped worklist can be maintained separately by assigning issues to a "Target Version" (Creating a moving target version 1.x.x as a future release) View Issues becomes much less overwhelming if you apply a filter that looks only for 1.x.x target issues. A quick alternative is to use the Roadmap. Targeted issues are now displayed there in a useful way.

There is a quick way to do selective, mass re-assigns to a target version.
1) switch to the "View Issues" page,
2) click the checkboxes to the right of the issues (in only ONE project/subproject) to be Targeted to the SAME version.
3) scroll to the bottom of the page
4) choose "Update Target Version" from the pop-up to the right of the "Select All" checkbox & click the "OK" button
5) in the "Update Target Version to" window, select the version from the pop-up & click the "Update Target Version" button,

I find it useful to (advanced) filter by [none] in "Target Version" when doing the initial assignments.
When you release a new version, you should probably flush your worklist. Filter "View Issues" to Target Version 1.x.x and then mass "Update Target Version" (and "Update Fixed in Version") to the new release that keeps your Worklist tidy.
Brian McCullough
DistrictSupport.com, Inc.
Austin, Texas