UI/frontend independance?

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Colin

UI/frontend independance?

Post by Colin »

Hi,

I am trying to get a quick idea of the amount of work that would be required to build a completly new frontend to Mantis. I must first admit I did not take the time to dig in the code and research for myself before asking this question. I simply would like to get an idea on how possible this is before spending any more time at this.

Basically I would like to be able to build a new (non HTML for example) interface to Mantis. this interface should be able to offer all the same functions as the current HTML/PHP based interface for reporting bugs, searching, administring, etc.

Is Mantis designed in a way where there is a clean decoupling from the actual application services and its UI? If so, could we easily expose those services using some technology independant protocols like SOAP or XML-RPC etc?

Best regards,
Colin.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

You might try looking at MantisConnect at http://www.futureware.biz/mantisconnect/ .
Colin

Post by Colin »

Thanks for the hint.

Looking at what MantisConnect does will probably answer my questions. Other than that, MantisConnect is not a solution for me since it is a .Net centric component and I am interested in platform independance (both the UI technology and the OS).